Residential Electrical Inspections
While code violations, ungrounded outlets, and improper wiring are dangerous to your home and its occupants, it is common to neglect residential electrical systems until something goes wrong. Safeguarding your family from behind-the-scenes hazards, WIRED Electrical Contractors provide electrical safety and performance inspections for new construction and existing homes.
Keep in mind that the Electrical Safety Foundation (ESF) recommends comprehensive electrical inspections for (1) home purchases, (2) aging homes (40+ years old), (3) major renovations, and (4) major appliance installations.
Electrical Inspection Process
An electrical safety inspection is tailored to your home and system requirements. During the process, a WIRED certified journeyman electrician may:
- Verify compliance with current electrical code requirements.
- Check switches, outlets, and fixture wattages.
- Ensure the safe operation of electrical wiring and components.
- Identify common do-it-yourself mistakes from previous owners or unreliable contractors.
- Examine outdoor electrical systems and inspect security lighting.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check for proper surge and lightning protection.
- Inspect fuse boxes and electrical panels for safety.
- Ensure that proper grounding systems are in place.
- Test GFCIs (ground fault circuit interrupters) for proper functioning.
After completing the examination of your home’s entire electrical system, your WIRED safety inspector presents a report of his findings, alerts you to immediate threats, and makes recommendations for future repairs or energy-saving upgrades.
Value of an Electrical Safety Inspection
In addition to improving the value of your home, an MA electrical safety inspection offers the following benefits:
- Pinpointing small issues before they become major repairs.
- Locating potential fire risks and shock hazards.
- Ensuring that your home can handle its electrical demands.
- Identifying potential fire hazards.
- Lowering energy use and improving electrical efficiency.
Schedule a Residential Electrical Inspection in MA
To learn more about the WIRED Electrical Contractors’ team, or to schedule an electrical inspection for your primary home, rental property, or room addition, call 508-667-9609. You can also fill out our brief online form and a technician will be in touch shortly to discuss your needs.